Welcome to Glam Girl's Beauty & Fashion Blog!

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Hair, Beauty, Skincare, and Other Tips for an Athlete

Hey everyone! Wow there hasn't been a post in 2 months. I've been crazy busy with field hockey, and I noticed my beauty, hair and skincare routine has changed a lot during the season, so I figured I'd share my tips with you!

Beauty
  • If you have sports after school, try to minimize the amount of makeup you wear to school. If you play a high activity sport that makes you sweat a lot, the makeup will just run off your face and look gross.
  • If you are wearing any face makeup, make sure you wash it off or it will clog your pores.
  • If you insist upon wearing makeup for sports, stick to a waterproof mascara and/or eyeliner. Don't wear blush because your cheeks will get a natural flush.
Hair
  • If you have bangs, pull them back with a headband, bobby pins or something like that. You don't want to let your bangs get all sweaty against your forehead.
  • Pull your hair back or up. I recommend, if your hair is long enough, a high or low ponytail, a high or low bun, or a french braid.
Skincare
  • Especially if you sweat a lot, wash your face when you finish your workout, practice or game. If you wear a helmet in your sport, this is very important. As a field hockey goalie, I wear a helmet and I do notice I get acne especially where my helmet touches my face.
  • Shower. Please. I know this is kind of a no-brainer, but please, if you sweat and smell after sports, shower.
  • Wear deodorant and anti-perspirant. No one likes to feel or smell sweaty. We also don't like to smell the sweat of others if it can be avoided. So please, for your benefit and the benefit of those around you, wear deodorant.
Other
  • Wear the proper attire for your sport. You probably wouldn't wear a swimsuit to soccer practice or a soccer uniform for swim team. Wear what is comfortable, appropriate, and suitable for your sport. For girls, if you're running, wear a sports bra, and clothes you can move in.
  • In your gym/sports bag, keep extras. Whether a teammate needs something or you forget something one day, it never hurts to keep extra hair ties, bobby pins, headbands, socks and a change of clothes in your bag.
  • Bring a water bottle if you don't have something you can drink out of. Don't share water bottles. I know you're friends with all of your teammates but if someone has mono or something like that, the whole team being sick won't be good.
Have fun and stay healthy!

XO,

Glam Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment